Tuesday 21 June 2016

Soy Candles

I have a new craft obsession: Soy Candles!
I looked in my kitchen cupboard one day and realized I had a lot of glass mason jars. I also had a lot of essential oils. What to do, what to do...
So I hopped on Pinterest and looked up how to make soy candles.
It's very easy! Soy is great to work with, because it cleans up so well. I picked up a 4-lb bag of soy flakes from Michael's, using a 40% off coupon. And I had a pack of 10 candle wicks in a craft drawer, so I put them to use.

The first batch was Rosemary and Cinnamon.
I added some hand-written calligraphy labels, to incorporate that craft obsession.
And of course added a bit of yarn to tie it all together.
Done! I gave one to my mom, one to my father-in-law, will give one to Shawna, and kept a cinnamon one for myself. Here it is, in action!
They're very easy and fast to make. I will try and mix scents next time - and there WILL be a next time, so stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment