Wednesday 1 October 2014

Backyard apple tree

There's a lovely little apple tree in my backyard. It was rather overgrown and wild, then the gardeners cut it back a few years ago. The following year it bloomed lovely apple blossoms, but no fruit. Last year it did bear some fruit, but the apples were small and sour. This year, they are perfect. I don't know what variety they are, but they are delicious. My mom was in our backyard picking apples - she came straight from church, that's why she looks so fancy.
And here she is again, on the same day! That's how good the apples are!
My niece and sis came over to get a few that my mom overlooked. There's a little crab apple tree back there too, but we were focused on the main apple tree.
I got a bowl of apples of myself. True organic produce, just steps from my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment