Monday 13 June 2011

Comfort Dolls

Over the weekend I decided to do some knitting. I didn't want to start a big project, and had kept this page bookmarked for some time. This organization sends medicine to developing countries and, instead of stuffing the box with styrofoam, they put in handmade dolls. How awesome, right?! So I looked up the pattern and cast on:
Gaahhh cuteness! They've made the pattern very simple, to encourage knitters of all levels to help out. I love how it looks like his hands are in his pockets. He looked lonely so I made him some friends:
I gave the girls pigtails and skirts instead of pants. (I will write out the modifications for them and see if anyone wants them.) I'm going to try and make a whole bunch and send them over in time for Christmas - it will give me warm, fuzzy, happy feelings, just in time for the holidays.

You can read all about the history of Izzy dolls here.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea! Imagine opening up a box full of these cuties instead of styrofoam. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you been able to write up the modification for the girl izzy doll? They're so cute. Would love to make some

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there. I'm also interested in the girl doll modifications- I'm especially curious about how you added the hair! They are cute. :)

    ReplyDelete