Monday 13 June 2016

Blue blanket

It's been difficult getting back to my blog, after my Pa's passing. But, even if no one reads this, it's also been helpful to write some things out, and get some of my thoughts out. I find this blog also acts as a time capsule, and I'm reminded of all the things I've done or made in the past. I will try and continue to post, so here goes.

Here's a blanket I made with the yarn I picked up in February.
I made the first few squares while I was sitting at Pa's bedside in the hospital. I picked a nice bold blue as the main colour. Yellow is my mom's favourite colour, so I paired it with that.
This is my niece Leyna, who helped me with the blanket over the next few days. She counted squares for me, stacked and organized, and helped me cut off the loose ends.
I made a wee bear to go with it, and here is Leyna posing with the finished product.
And here she is again, posing with her Lolo.
The blanket isn't very big, but I wanted to finish it in the days following Pa's passing and before the service, and I got it done! It would be a nice lap blanket or a nice baby/toddler blanket. I'm not sure if I will give this one to Handmade Hugs, I might just hang on to it for awhile. 

1 comment:

  1. I was so sorry to read of your Pa's passing. I've been taking a break from blogging so just doing some catch up.
    Your new blanket is lovely, bright colours together. I've been taking a break from crochet too.

    ReplyDelete