Monday 19 May 2014

Painting, Take 2

After my first painting class, I decided to try some painting on my own. The kit I bought had two flat canvases in the same size, so I picked a complimentary photo to try and recreate.
Here's my version! The background is darker than what I wanted but I'm still pretty happy with it.
I had the leisure of doing this in my own house at my own pace, so I took the time to tweak the colours and highlighting. I didn't have any guidance, but I think it turned out ok.
Here are my first two attempts, side by side. I was happy I got the purple colour the same from mixing the paints. I think they will be nice side by side and framed.
My sister and husband said that a set of 3 would like nice, but I can't find this size canvas anywhere! Ah well, I'm happy with the set of 2 for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment