One of the pattern bags I grabbed at the Hugathon was this project. Lovely people knit and send in squares and the ladies at the society assemble like colours together. They bundle them with a complimentary yarn and ask you to knit or crochet a border to bind them all together.
First I laid out a pattern I liked. There weren't the same number for each colour or weight of yarn, but my husband helped and together we came up with this:
I started with a simple single crochet to join the rows together. It was a bit tricky because of the different weights, but I stretched some out and shortened other ones. It all came together in the end.
I still had a lot of green yarn left, so I did another row of double crochet around, and then added shell border (3hdc, sk 1 st, sl st in next st around):
It took no time at all, maybe a couple of hours. I should have grabbed another few blankets to assemble, I'll be sure to do that the next time I'm in their neck of the woods. Here it is!