Wednesday 11 April 2012

Tiny Daisies Washcloth Pattern

I couldn't wait. I'm no good at making scarves - they take too long! I wanted to start and finish something in the same day, and I am currently obsessed with the Tiny Daisy stitch, so I whipped this up.

Tiny Daisies Washcloth Pattern
This pattern is for a washcloth/dishcloth/facecloth in 100% cotton. It uses the Tiny Daisy stitch, which I found in the Vogue Knitting Stitch a Day Calendar. My finished cloth is about 7.5 inches squared.

Materials: 
Bernat 100% cotton
4.5mm knitting needles
Yarn needle

Explanation of Tiny Daisy stitch:
Worked over multiple of 4 stitches plus 1; over 4 rows.
Daisy Stitch: P3tog [leave on needle], yo, P3tog again and drop from needle

Pattern: 
Cast on 37
R1: Knit
R2: K1, *Daisy st, k1; repat from * to end
R3: Knit
R4: K1, p1, *K1, Daisy st; rep from *; end k1, p1, k1
Repeat these four rows until piece makes a square
Finish off, weave in ends - done!

Note: I make no claims to this beautiful stitch, it's from Vogue. I just wanted to share what I did. Hope you enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. love that stitch, no idea how to do it though. Need to print this out and get someone to show me how to do it at our next sit and knit on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete