Friday 26 June 2015

Izzy Girls pattern

Awhile ago, I posted about the Comfort Dolls I make based on the Izzy pattern, here. I stockpile a bunch, then send them off to get packaged up with medical supplies in developing countries. I have had a couple requests on how I make the girl dolls, so I jotted down some notes, which I will share here. I haven't had any feedback on if they turn out okay for any other knitters, so if you do knit one, please let me know if the pattern needs corrections or clarification. Here ya go:

Izzy Girls:

Worked back and forth over 5mm/US 8 needles
Red Heart solids

HAIR
Colour 1:
CO 32
Work 4 rows st st

FACE
Change to Colour 2:
K 8, k2tog, CO 2, K 16, CO 2, K 8 (36 sts)
K 7, k2tog, K 18, k2tog, K 7 (34 sts)
K 7, k2tog, K 16, k2tog, K 7 (32 sts)
Work 8 rows st st

SWEATER
Change to Colour 3:
Work 10 rows st st
[K 5, k2tog] x 4, K 4 (28 sts)

SKIRT
Change to Colour 4:
Work 2 rows st st
[K 5, kfb in next st] x 5. k 4 (32 sts)
purl one row
Work 4 rows st st

FEET
Change to Colour 5:
Work rows 5 to 11 as written:

Finish as written

I cut lengths of hair with Colour 1 and used a crochet hook to place them along the doll's hairline. Then I gathered them up into pony tails.


No comments:

Post a Comment